The Australasian College of Dermatologists (ACD) is the sole medical college accredited by the Australian Medical Council for the training and continuing professional development of medical practitioners in the specialty of dermatology. We are the leading authority in Australia for dermatology, providing information, advocacy and advice to patients, communities, government and other health stakeholders on skin health and dermatological practice. We are a not-for-profit organisation, supported by an in-house staff of 25. We are the only specialist medical college in Australia accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA) as a Higher Education Provider.
Membership of the ACD includes 573 Fellows, 114 Trainees and 43 Associate Members. International Medical Graduates (IMGs) also form part of our membership.
Our mission is to train, educate and foster ongoing excellence of specialist dermatologists, enabling our Fellows to be the leaders in skin health care, education, advocacy and innovation.
Our vision is for the highest standard of skin health and dermatology care to be available and accessible to all patients and communities.
- Leadership: Motivating and shaping our profession.
- Professionalism: Demonstrating quality, competence and skill.
- Inclusiveness: Valuing and respecting the diversity of our profession, patients and the community.
- Integrity: Adhering to ethical principles and practice.
- Progressiveness: Striving for continual improvement and innovation.
- Accountability: Being responsible and accountable to our patients, communities and our members.